We are pleased to announce that an exciting opportunity has arisen within our growing business for an Asbestos Contracts Manager to work within our highly skilled and motivated team. As a full asbestos licence holder, the Company needs to operate under the strict requirements of the HSE permissioning regime for a licence to work with asbestos, and the successful candidate will be expected to lead and manage the team fully in this respect and to ensure that the companies activities comply fully with all of its legal responsibilities and duties, as well as the companies procedures and policies for Health and safety and working with asbestos. The successful candidate would be enthusiastic and conscientious with expert knowledge and experience of working within this role and within the asbestos industry.
Individuals must be hardworking and self-motivated to achieve personal and company goals and be willing and able to understand and learn company policies and procedures.
The primary daily responsibility will be to assist the Operations Director in the management of the company’s contract activities and operations, primarily in the asbestos removal division.
A successful candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate a combination of qualities including:
- Friendly, calm and professional manner, with good presentational, organisational and people management skills
- Be familiar with the requirements as set out in CAR 2012 and all relevant ACOPS and guidance with regard to legal requirements and responsibilities
- Numerate, with basic commercial understanding
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change and work effectively as part of a team, with strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- A full, clean driving license
Desirable attributes, but not essential attributes:
- Level 4 Diploma or Certificate in Asbestos Contracts Management
- Excellent Health & Safety knowledge
The key responsibilities of the role will include all aspects of contract management, from initial customer contact and enquiry review to site survey and quotation, risk assessing and contract planning, organising and the planning of labour / materials and plant resources. The successful candidate will be expected to ensure contracts are completed on time and within budgets, ensuring contract hand-overs are completed and submitting interim and final accounts. Further responsibilities include:
- Managing and organising the asbestos removal team members
- Supporting the existing management structure
- Creating detailed plans of work and method statements, risk assessments and submitting ASB5 notices to the HSE
- Developing and maintaining good relationship with the company’s portfolio of clients
As a company we offer very attractive terms and conditions, which includes competitive salaries, company vehicle, 20 days holiday increasing to 22 days after 5 years’ service (+ statutory bank holidays) per year, a bonus scheme, free on-site parking and other additional employee benefits. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, successful business.
We are committed to a professional and qualified workforce and ensure that we develop our staff to reach their full potential. Amicus Environmental Ltd is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
If you wish to apply for this exciting position please send your CV and covering letter to the below, or call our office.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01993 869320
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES